Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Internet activism

The article by Richard Kahn and Douglas Kellner discusses the Internet and the politics surrounding it. I found the article to be informative, although it was slightly confusing at some points and I was turned off by the obvious presence of bias. When discussing Internet Activism the authors seemed to make it an opportunity to use democratic ideals as positive examples. I don’t believe there is anything wrong with using the Internet in democratic politics, In Fact I think it has done a lot of good, but I would have liked to see some points from the other side of the political spectrum. There was also a lot of “Bush Hate” going on in the article. I’m not saying that I like Bush (I don’t, by the way), I just think that they could have left some of their resentful opinions out and still be able to criticize the Bush administration in a more credible way, But that’s just my opinion about the article. On a lighter note, I found the authors’ arguments about Internet Activism to be refreshing. I agree that the Internet has provided the opportunity, for those who have not been able to in the past, to get involved with issues. I found a video clip that illustrates Internet activism. It is one of those Google search stories. It tells the store about how one person can get involved with politics through the Internet.




No comments:

Post a Comment